MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Book Cover1.jpg
Historical November 04, 2017
A great story! Five stars
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

If you love historical fiction with elements of mysticism and supernatural, “Sister Witch” should definitely be on your to-read list! What I loved most of all about it was how meticulously researched and well-written it was. The voice of Moll Dyer herself was strong and prominent throughout the narration, and it was easy to connect with her as the main heroine. Another thing that I highly appreciated was the issue of women’s independence and rights that was raised in the novel, and was in no way preachy but presented in such a way that you can’t help but admire such strong women’s attitudes and desire to create a better life not only for their own kin but for the whole community. I applauded Moll when she not only saved Nema from slavery but treated her with the utmost respect and freed her with a promise of an independent life. The issues of rape, religious intolerance, occasional “witch hunts” that still happened even on the land that promised religious freedom for everyone were wonderfully incorporated into the narration as well, making this story not only a highly riveting read but an important one as well. I enjoyed this story very much for all these reasons and many more, and I’m definitely looking forward to reading more by the author. A great story! Five stars.

Amazon Customer
January 27, 2018
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3OESUA0C2527D/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_btm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B076KR626G#wasThisHelpful

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or